Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Redecorate, Reorganize, Rethink, ReRes!

Dr. Awesome


That's right. I have a PhD in crazy. I mean, greatness. Yes, a PhD in greatness. What makes me want to inspire you?

Well, my laptop is becoming increasingly packed to the brim. My Dad "fixed" it for me, meaning he made it a LITTLE less slow than it was. The majority of the space being taken up (I think I have about 20% of the room left that I started with on my poor comp!) is by pictures. I have TONS of pictures. Of friends, family, funny stuff, & random CRAP (some are literally pictures of crap, don't ask me why). I desperately needed to go through my zillions of files & delete unnecessary photos. As I was doing this (I started, but I definitely have NOT finished), I found some beautiful photos of great spaces that I wanted to share. I don't have any information on these rooms, no idea where I found them, how old they are, nada. If you know anything about them, feel free to comment & I'll add the info here. Take a looksy...

Inspiring rooms.

Inspiring rooms.

Inspiring rooms.

Inspiring rooms.


Those really make me want to redecorate. I have used my budget (or lack thereof) & my belongings mixed with my boyfriends to make the most of our adorable home. He's more into simple elements & colors, while I like splashes of turquoise & purple orchids. Whatever hot pink or lime green objects I have collected over time that don't have a place in our home end up in my craft room. My poor craft room. It's not only full of all my supplies (which I keep adding to...I have a problem), but it's crammed with those said items that I don't have a place for. I recently rearranged some things, hung stuff up on the walls, reorganized, etc...and here are a few shots of what I have come up with. I am not finished, & I don't even think everything matches...but I like each little nook of my room.


My craft room.
My craft room.
My craft room.
My craft room.


I don't think anyone would look at those pictures and say, "Wow. I want my craft room to look JUST LIKE JENNA'S." because I really wouldn't look at it and say that. I'm not finished with it, but it is a great place to create, because I'm surrounded by bright colors & a bunch of little things that I love. Make sure you surround yourself with things you love, wherever you like to create whatever it is you create, whether it be in your studio, kitchen, backyard, bedroom, or even bathroom (hey, I don't judge). And make sure you take care of your surroundings. I didn't take as much care of my laptop as I should have, & I thought it was almost a goner the other day. What a horrible feeling, seriously. Sounds silly to some people, but I have SO MUCH INFORMATION that I can't afford to lose on this thing. I really need to back up my files & delete ALL of the unnecessary information. I mean, you can't keep expanding or your pants won't fit anymore, right? Right. Speaking of that, I have been eating better & it feels pretty swell if you ask me. More on that later.

My boyfriend is singing to our dogs in the other room right now, and it is in somewhat of a howling manner...VERY similar to when Geena Davis & one of the brothers Baldwin were making "scary" noises to freak the poop out of the new family in Beetlejuice. Naw mean? Just wanted to share. "Can you blog more about me, tell the people how awesome I am? And how women should come knock on our door if they want to make love to me?" What a weirdo. MY weirdo. I love him.

Happy Wednesday to you & your weirdo,
Jenna :)

No comments: